How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death
I have to say I enjoyed Annie’s book. It was very brave of her to write this story. You can feel her hesitation and emotions behind what it might mean for her to share this with others. I believe that emotion is what made the book more meaningful to read. It is not easy to share such personal and intimate moments with the world. I love that she overcame that fear and was vulnerable enough to share the story with readers.
I am writing a book styled similar, on my encounters with my father in the afterlife. It can be scary to share such intimacy with the world, peoples reactions and words matter. So thank you Annie for sharing your encounters with the world.
The spiritual medium in me says, I have never heard spirit say we can become nothing. If we are choosing as a soul to go back to source it is possible that we become a part of, but never nothingness. Annie transcribes Billy saying that he is going in and out of conciousness and becoming nothing, yet everything. That right there was the hardest of the concepts for me to grasp within this book. It is possible though that Billy had his very own experiences centered to his beliefs, he may very well be choosing for himself to float around in silence and solitude. With that being said it would be his choice to drift in and out, possibly coming to visit you in your life Annie at different periods of time.
It makes me so sad to read some of the critical book reviews out thier on this book. Too many people with such judgement and criticism. We must remember that it is not our story to tell. This is Annie and Billy’s story and their experiences, period.
With all of that being said I would recommend reading this book. I believe this book to be a great read for a book club or organization. Many things could be shared and discussed amongst a group. Although I did not find any discussion points included with this book, it could be such a useful tool.
If you would like to have some discussion topics to share with others or writing prompts to journal, you can look below to what I have created. Blessings to you & Happy Reading!
Discuss the Book
1) Before reading this book were you a skeptic of the afterlife? Have your beliefs and views changed with reading this book?
2) Do you believe you can connect with a loved one in the afterlife? Do you believe in Annie’s ability to have connected with her brother in the afterlife?
3) Who do you relate to more throughout the book Annie or Billy?
4) Have you ever had a loss like Annie’s? How have you coped with that loss?
5) Have you ever had your own experience with a loved one on the other side? What was your experience?
6) What are your thoughts on Billy’s messages to Annie’s friends?
7) What are your thoughts on Billy’s description of who he is now, where he is at, and what he is doing in the afterlife?
8) Do you have any questions that you feel were left out or unanswered as you read the book? If so what would you have liked to have had explained more or heard more about?
9) After reading this book how will you go forward with your thinking on the afterlife? Will you be looking for signs now from your loved ones on the other side? Will you be more open to receiving communication from a loved one?
10) What is the number one thing that you will take away from having read this book?
11) What books have you read that are similar to this one?
A true story, this fascinating page-turner demystifies what happens after we die and will forever change your views about life, death and the hereafter.Annie Kagan is not a medium or a psychic, she did not die and come back to life; in fact, when she was awakened by her deceased brother, she thought perhaps she had gone a little crazyIn The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There’s Life After Death, Kagan shares the extraordinary story of her after death communications (ADC) with her brother Billy, who began speaking to her just weeks after his unexpected death.One of the most detailed and profound ADC’s ever recorded, Kagan’s book takes the reader beyond the near-death experience. Billy’s vivid, real-time account of his on-going journey through the mysteries of death will change the way you think about life. Death and your place in the Universe.In his foreword, Dr. Raymond Moody, author of Life after Life, explains the phenomena of walkers between the worlds, known to us since ancient times, and says that Dr. Kagan’s thought-provoking account is an excellent example.